Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hindsight

As I look back somewhat, I realize that I should not play sets which are an hour and ten minutes long. As a new artist, and regardless of my large catalog of music, I should understand that an audience of unknowing people do not want to hear me play for any extreme length of time. They do not know my songs and are probably apprehensive as it is about staying in a hot lounge atmosphere for a one-man band. With this in mind, from now on I will bee keeping my sets to a maximum of 45 minutes with between 4 and 6 songs each set. If I start garnering a following I will begin to play more, but the bottom line is that I want venue owners and audiences to WANT to hear me again. Why would they want to hear me again if I play all my material in one night? What is there to come back for? Unless they REALLY enjoyed watching me play for an hour and a half alone on a stage (and believe me, I know I am incredibly sexy) I would be playing to an audience who was leaving as soon as they walked in the door.

End transmission...